The Queensland Tropical Health Alliance (QTHA) and Australasian College of Tropical Medicine (ACTM) will hold a joint conference at Pullman International Hotel, Cairns, tropical north Queensland, September 7&8, 2013.
- Tropical Infectious Diseases
- New public health threats
- Vector-borne diseases
- Indigenous health issues
Our invited speakers are:
Free Public Forum "Bats and Health - Time for a Tree Change?" Saturday 7th September 2013, from 530pm,
Pullman Cairns International Hotel,17 Abbott Street, Cairns
Join Professor John McBride, James Cook University, Dr David Westcott, CSIRO, and Dr Trent Yarwood, Queensland Health & Cairns Hospital as they discuss bat viruses and moving bat colonies and the impact on human health. All welcome to this free public event
Members of the public can book for this free public event online http://batshealthforum.eventbrite.com.au
Please register online for the conference http://alumni.jcu.edu.au/QTHA2013
Early-bird registration (closes 19th August 2013)
Fee in Australian dollars, includes GST
|QTHA affiliate/ACTM member Early-bird rate
|Non-member (of either QTHA or ACTM) Early-bird rate
Information for Delegates
- Registration includes all catering and public events (including the public forum and conference dinner on Saturday 7 September).
- Daily rate includes all catering and public events scheduled for the chosen day.
- To receive the Early Bird rate all registrations must be recorded and paid for before 19 August 2013.
- Accommodation is the responsibility of individual delegates and will need to be booked and paid for directly with the hotel.
- Cancellations must be in writing and will incur a $55.00 cancellation fee. Cancellations after 31 August 2013 will not be eligible for a refund.